Continuing Professional Development Requirements
House Bill 09-1086 enacts continuing professional development requirements to certain mental health professional who apply to renew, reinstate or reactivate their license or certificate on or after January 1, 2011. The affected license and certificate types are:
- Licensed Social Workers
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers
- Licensed Professional Counselors
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists
- Licensed Addiction Counselors
- Certified Addiction Counselors Levels II and III
The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Program is in the implementation process at this time. Licensees do not need to complete the full program requirements to renew in 2011. There are other requirements which include:
- Create a secure User Account on the CPD Portal
- Participate in Reflective Practice by completing the Professional Practice Survey or Professional Practice Rubric. Access these tools from your user account.
- Draft a personal Learning Plan. Your Learning Plan can be completed on your user account. Your Plan is changeable up to the day you renew your license in 2013.
Please download the CPD Portfolio for your profession to read about the above requirements in further detail.