Contact Hours: 3
Instructor: Dr. Dawn-Elise Snipes PhD, LPC-MHSP, LMHC
Trauma-Informed Care in Behavioral Health Services.Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) Series 57. HHS Publication No. (SMA) 13-4801. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2014.
Electronic Access and Copies of Publication
This publication may be ordered or downloaded from SAMHSA's Publications Ordering Web page at http://store.samhsa.gov.
- Define and differentiate between the different types of trauma (individual, group, mass, natural or human caused)
- Explore how trauma affects communities and cultures
- Identify staff and agency issues that could cause retraumatization
- Explore the objective and subjective characteristics of trauma and their biopsychosocial impact.
- Identify characteristics that nurture resilience among individuals from diverse groups.
This Course and Support are Available at: http://allceus.com