What are the Risk and Protective Factors for Co-Occuring Disorders?
Contact Hours: 3
Instructor: Dawn-Elise Snipes PhD,
- Define risk factors
- Define protective factors
- Discuss the primary, secondary and tertiary prevention
- Apply prevention principles to co-occurring disorders using risk and protective factor information
- Concepts of social, political, economic, and cultural systems and their impact on drug taking activity
- The history of licit and illicit drug use.
- Explore social or cultural issues affecting individuals
- Teacher: Dr. Dawn-Elise Snipes