Certified E-Therapists fill a unique role among health and human services professionals in providing quality care to consumers. Certified E-Therapists work in a wide range of disciplines and have diverse educational and experiential backgrounds. All online counselors/etherapists must be trained in the core functions, responsibilities, knowledge, and skill areas required of them regardless of work setting, approach, and educational or professional training.
The purpose of a certification system for Certified E-Therapist is to:
1. Assure the public a minimum level of competency for quality services by Certified E-Therapists.
2. Give professional recognition to qualified Certified E-Therapists through a process that examines demonstrated work competencies.
3. Assure an opportunity for ongoing professional development for Certified E-Therapists.
4. Promote professional and ethical practice by enforcing adherence to a Code of Ethics.
AllCEUs is pleased to offer a course to prepare individuals to undertake online counseling. This course is designed to meet the general requirements for certification in e-therapy. Check with your local licensing board to see if your state requires a specialty certification to provide electronic counseling. Here are a couple examples of state certification requirements: The Florida Certification Board Certified E-Therapist and the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counseling Board of Georgia (ADACB-GA) Electronic Counseling Alcohol and Drug Counselor Certification. Our training curriculum has been designed to meet the requirements of both Florida and Georgia. If your state has additional requirements, please submit a support ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add those specific courses.
- Clinical Principles/Treatment Modalities in E-Therapy –6 hours
- Ethics -6 Hours
- Overview of E-Therapy Tools, Techniques and Business Practices – 15 Hours
- Legal and Jurisdictional Implications of E-Therapy – 10 hours
Bonus section on starting and marketing your online practice.
Courses are self-paced, and online. Many courses have an optional video/multimedia component.
|Vsee offers an easy-to-use interface that puts your practice on the forefront of telemedicine – so you get more out of your day and your patients enjoy the versatility that telemedicine brings. With our innovative tools, you can create a customized mobile or web app to bring your practice into the future of telehealth.https://vsee.com/|
|Designing a HIPAA compliant website can be a daunting task. Something as simple as accepting credit cards or providing online scheduling can pose a major hurdle. You can create your own HTML or wordpress based site from scratch, but we have worked with TherapySites.com to help you get a great rate on an all-inclusive website package. For the month of March 2017, save $198 with 2 months hosting + 2 months of SEO Boost free!|