Contact Hours: 15
Instructor: Dr. Dawn-Elise Snipes PhD, LMHC
- Examine the rates of substance-involved inmates in the criminal justice and identify rates of arrests, convictions, and recidivism for these populations.
- Evaluate the role of race and ethnicity, and how social factors such as income, education, age, and family history impact substance abuse among criminal offenders.
- Identify particular populations and problems needing special services in criminal justice settings
- Identify components of effective substance abuse treatment within criminal justice settings.
- Determine how to overcome barriers to treatment within prison populations
- Recognize practical steps that government and criminal justice systems can take to combat substance abuse.