Contat Hours: 32
Instructor: Dr. Dawn-Elise Snipes PhD, LMHC
- Identify the administrative, organizational, and ethical issues relevant to Mental Health Services in a correctional setting.
- Identify typical offender problems in many correctional systems and how they are customarily managed.
- Explain various clinical and consultative activities offered by mental health professionals within correctional settings.
- Learn about professions in correctional mental health
- Differentiate between level 1, 2 and 3 services in correctional mental health
- Identify common challenges for mental health professionals working in the corrections field
- Define and learn to identify malingering and the reasons/benefits for it