Crisis Intervention and Case Management- 35 Hours
Contact Hours: 35
Instructor: Dr. Dawn-Elise Snipes PhD, LMHC, CRC, NCC
- Learn the basic principles of suicide assessment
- Identify ways to estimate suicide risk
- Identify the necessary components for a suicide assessment
- Identify risk management methods including consultation, documentation
- Identify methods for determining appropriate placement
- Understand the factors contributing to suicide risk
- Apply criteria for receiving community services, including fee and funding structures.
- Access community agencies and service providers, and their mission, function, resources, and quality of services offered
- Identify service gaps and advocate for new resources.
- Identify managed care and other systems affecting the client.
- Use appropriate technology to access, collect, summarize, and transmit and document data on client including assessment, reassessment, change and discharge data.
- Communicate respect and empathy for cultural and lifestyle differences.
- Demonstrating appropriate written and verbal communication.
- Establishing trust and rapport with colleagues in the community.
- Assess level and intensity of client care needed.
- Interpret, prioritize, and use client information.
- Solicit comprehensive and accurate information from numerous source including the client.
- Work with client to select the most appropriate treatment.
- Involve family and significant others in treatment planning.
- Advocatefor client services.
- Establish appropriate boundaries with client and significant others
- Deliver case presentation
- Participate in interdisciplinary team building, negotiation, advocacy, conflictresolution, problem solving, and mediation.
- Observe and identify problems that might impede progress.
- Obtain informed consent and necessary releases of information
- Communicate with the client, family and significantothers, and with other
- service providers within the boundaries of existingconfidentiality regulations.
- Establish and maintaining non-judgmental, respectful relationships with clients and other service providers.
- Apply the confidentiality regulations when communicating with agencies.
- Implement follow-up and aftercare protocols.
- Assess adherence to treatment plans.
- Applying treatment outcome measures.
- Maintain contact and collaborate with client, referral sources, and significant
- Engage client in the treatment process.
- Access information from referral sources. .
$105.00 for 90 days
Built on aMember Pro™ membership software