Multicultural Issues in Counseling (20 Hours)
- Explore multicultural and pluralistic trends; social or cultural issues affecting individuals, couples and families
- Examine the influence of culture and society on mental health
- Discuss issues in mental health care for African Americans, American Indians, Alaskan Natives, Asian Americans, Pacific Islanders, and Hispanic Americans
- Explore Ethics Codes in Multicultural Counseling
- Examine Cultural Values and Assumptions in Therapy
- Discuss matching Client and Counselor
- Understanding the competencies needed to work with special populations.