Multicultural Issues in Counseling- 20 Hours
Contact Hours: 20
Instructor: Dr. Dawn-Elise Snipes PhD, LPC-MHSP
This course is based in part on Counselor Toolbox Podcast episodes 204-209. Text based material is also provided for those who prefer to read instead of watch the video or listen to the podcast.
Improve cultural competence by helping the student...
- Explore multicultural and pluralistic trends; social or cultural issues affecting individuals, couples and families
- Examine the influence of culture and society on mental health
- Discuss issues in mental health care for African Americans, American Indians, Alaskan Natives, Asian Americans, Pacific Islanders, and Hispanic Americans
- Explore Ethics Codes in Multicultural Counseling
- Examine Cultural Values and Assumptions in Therapy
- Discuss matching Client and Counselor
- Understanding the competencies needed to work with special populations.
Built on aMember Pro™ membership software