Child and Elder Abuse and Neglect (20 Hours)
- Identify vulnerable populations
- Identify general categories of harm as they relate to at-risk populations
- Identify specific types of abuse and neglect, including behavioral and physical indicators
- Gain an understanding of relevant prevalence data
- Identify perpetrator, victim and environmental factors correlated with risk of abuse
- Gain an understanding of the legal and ethical issues surrounding the reporting of abuse and neglect.
- Gain an understanding of the general policies related to abuse reporting