Walking the Middle Path with Locus of Control and Attributions (4 Hours)
Instructor: Dr. Dawn-Elise Snipes,PhD, LPC-MHSP, LMHC
Based on Counselor Toolbox Episode 164 Locus of Control and Attributions
- Define Locus of Control (Empowerment vs. Powerlessness)
- Explore how both an extreme internal or external locus of control can increase stress, anxiety, anger and/or depression.
- Learn how basic fears and past trauma may contribute to use of an extreme locus of control
- Define/review attributions
- Explore how extreme attributions can increase stress, anxiety, anger and/or depression.
- Learn Individual and group activities that can help clients walk the middle path in terms of attributions and locus of control.
Built on aMember Pro™ membership software