Pain Management with Substance Abusing Clients- 8 Hours
Instructors: Stephanie Adams, MA, LPC
Dr. Dawn-Elise Snipes Ph.D., LMHC, CRC, NCC
- Explain why pain management matters.
- Name various treatment team members.
- List drug and non-drug treatment options.
- Learn the three classes of analgesics.
- Name goals of pain therapy.
- Develop skills for communicating with a medical practitioner about pain.
- Describe pain using numerical, verbal and visual scales.
- Discuss concerns for use of opiod medication for pain treatment.
- Discuss and describe the "Opiod Contract".
- List the five classes of Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
- Identify prevalence of Complementary and Alternative Medicine in the U.S.
- Compare and contrast Injection and Infusion therapies.
- Identify benefits and drawbacks of various treatments.
- Learn four stress management techniques.
- Classify methods of pain management that can be completed by the client on their own.
- Learn about promising new treatment options.
Built on aMember Pro™ membership software