Psychopharmacology- 6 Hours
Contact Hours: 6
Instructor: Dr. Dawn-Elise Snipes PhD, LMHC & Stephanie Adams MA, LPC
- To identify and define the purpose of 9 types of psychotropic drug classes.
- To name common side effects and risks of these classes of drugs.
- To list the five strategies for aiding tobacco users willing to quit (Five A’s) and unwilling to quit (5 Rs).
- To identify and describe life-threatening syndromes that can develop as a result of taking psychopharmacological medication.
- To familiarize the counselor with ways to interact with their client’s medical doctor.
- To educate the counselor in ways to encourage medication compliance in client sessions.
- Learn about the big 6 neurotransmitters, what they do, symptoms of excess and insufficiency and ways doctors can help clients increase and decrease them.
$18.00 for 90 days
Built on aMember Pro™ membership software