Dr. Dawn-Elise Snipes received her PhD in counseling and education in 2002 and is a Licensed Clinical Psychotherapist in Tennessee and Florida, a Life Coach, Recovery Coach and a Certified Personal Trainer. Dr. Snipes has been involved in the health and wellness field for the past 20 years. She earned her PhD in counseling and education in 2002.
She started as a line clinician in a drug-court substance abuse treatment program, and worked her way up to a senior program director over dual-disorders multi-level treatment facilities in three counties. During her time in community behavioral health, Dr. Snipes saw her clinics through JCAHO and CARF accreditation surveys, wrote more than two million dollars in state and federal grants, and served as the lead trainer for the thirteen county dual-disorders program.
Currently, Dr. Snipes maintains a small private practice in Lebanon, TN, providing education and online and face-to-face services. She works with persons with anxiety, depression, bipolar, PTSD and addictive disorders using a variety of cognitive behavioral approaches including: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy, Strengths Based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Behavior Modification. Learn more at http://docsnipes.com.
Dr. Snipes realized that many organizations were struggling to provide their clinicians with continuing education training due to budget short-falls and increasing constraints caused by managed care. At AllCEUs, helping clinicians access training so they can provide the highest quality services to their clients is our top priority. Part of that means making training affordable. It takes our team about 8 clock hours per credit hour to create a course. (So a 3 hour course takes us about 24 hours to prepare). After that, our only costs are any time the instructor is chatting with students via her chat page, the online hosting, and annual accreditation fees to ensure your board will accept our courses. Other companies often charge more, not because their material is of higher quality, but because their operating costs are higher and/or they want a large profit.
AllCEUs offers a variety of courses, many of which include video, text and podcast versions of the material. We have courses conforming with all of the core competencies set forth in TAP 21 to prepare Addictions Counselors for certification. We are also approved to provide precertification training and counseling continuing education by the National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
Dr. Snipes' accomplishments include:
- Running a successful private practice in Florida, Tennessee and online since 2002.
- Designing and running AllCEUs.com, an international counselor education program providing counselor training to over 100,000 professionals in 43 countries.
- Working her way up from line clinician to department director supervising 9 residential and intensive outpatient programs in 3 counties from 1998-2011
- Working as an assistant professor at the University of Florida's Department of Counselor Education teaching “Stress Management and Wellness,” “Alcohol and Drug Awareness,” “Assessment and Testing,” “Eating Disorders Counseling,” and “Substance Abuse Counseling,”
- Wellness Consultant for the Florida Police Benevolent Association and organizations nationally and internationally to improve their employee productivity, morale and longevity 2005-2012. She published quarterly in their statewide publication “Roll Call”
- Presenting at several conferences throughout Florida, North Carolina and Tennessee
- Podcast Host for Counselor Toolbox and Happiness Isn't Brain Surgery
- Counselor Toolbox was recently selected as one of the top mental health podcasts by Mental Health Roundup https://player.fm/featured/mental-health-roundup in addition to being selected as one of the Top 10 Social Work Podcasts for 2018 https://www.gradschools.com/programs/social-work/top-social-work-podcasts-and-influencers
- Journey to Recovery: A Comprehensive Guide to Recovery from Addiction and Mental Health Problems.
- More than 250 articles as a columnist for the Police Benevolent Association, Alachua Today Newspaper, PoliceOne.com and Dr-is-In.com.
- The Wellness Connection, a practical wellness text which has been used extensively in college stress management courses and recovery groups.
- A fitness curriculum, for parents and children birth to five, which encourages positive family time, enhances self esteem, stimulates brain development and lays the foundation for a healthy lifestyle.
- 50 Tips for Depression Recovery (expected publication 6/2018)
- Happiness Isn't Brain Surgery: Practical Strategies to Live Happier (expected publication 12/2018)