- Work with people in recovery to maintain recovery
- Help people in recovery make that difficult transition from treatment to a recovery lifestyle.
- Ensure that people in early recovery always have a safe place to live.
A Certified Recovery Residence Administrator is the person responsible for the overall management of a recovery residence, plus supervision of residents and paid or volunteer staff. He or she ensures appropriate response to resident needs and maintenance of the residence. The CRRA accomplishes these goals being accountable for implementation of and compliance with the National Alliance of Recovery Residences (NARR) Quality Standards and Code of Ethics for Level 1 – 4 Recovery Residences, or equivalent nationally recognized standards and code of ethics. While this training curriculum is based around the requirements set froth by the Florida and Georgia Certification Boards, since they were the first Recovery Residence Administrator Certifications. However, the curriculum should meet the standards of any other state. If you have questions, or your state requires a course not in the curriculum (below), simply contact us and we will assist you.
At least 100 hours of training is provided as follows:
a. Recovery Residence Operations and Administration: 20 hours
- NARR Standards for Recovery Residences/http://farronline.org/standards-ethics/standards/
- Florida Statute 397.487 Voluntary certification of recovery residences.
- Writing Policies and Procedures
- Risk Management
b. Maintaining the Physical Residence: 20 hours
- Crisis Prevention and Intervention
- Verbal De-Escalation
- Disaster Planning
c. Resident Screening and Admissions: 10 hours
- Behavioral -health screening tools
- Medication management
- Signs and symptoms of intoxication & withdrawal
d. Residence Recovery Support 10 Hours, Advocacy 10 Hours, Mentoring 10 Hours : 30 hours
- Understanding Addiction and Co-Occurring Disorders
- Relapse Prevention
- Motivational Enhancement
- Wellness Strategies
- Practical Living Skills (interpersonal Effectiveness)
e. Legal, Professional and Ethical Responsibilities: 20 hours
- FARR Code of Ethics http://farronline.org/narr-code-of-ethics/
- Client Rights
- Cultural competence