Addiction Counseling Professionals
Addiction Counselor Certification/Licensure Training Requirements
Limits to Online Hours: None noted.
Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor
CADC-I: GED/ high school diploma, 300 hours in the 12 Core Counseling Functions, 6 hours specifically in ethics
CADC-II: Bachelor’s degree, 300 hours in the 12 Core Counseling Functions, 6 hours specifically in ethics
Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor
CAADC: Master’s or above in human services w/ a clinical application, 300 hours in the 12 Core Counseling Functions, 6 hours specifically in ethics
Certified Clinical Supervisor
CCS: Bachelor’s or above in human services, credentialed as a counselor, 30 hours specific to the clinical supervision domains, with a minimum of 5 hours in each domain
Certified Criminal Justice Professional
CCJP: Bachelor’s degree, 300 hours specific to the knowledge and skill base associated with the CJP domains, 6 hours specifically in ethics
Certified Peer Recovery Coach
CPRC: GED/ high school diploma, 100 hours in CPRC domains
Certified Gambling Addiction Counselor
CGAC: Coming Soon
Certified Recovery Residence Administrator
CRRA: Specialty Training
CET: Currently certified as a CADAC or CAADAC plus specialty training
Addiction Counselor Certification/Licensure CEU Requirements
Approvals: AllCEUs is a ADACB-GA approved CEU provider
“Recertification requires documentation of completion of at least forty (40) clock hours of continuing education in the two year period of your certification. Of these hours, 5 hours must be in professional ethics. Counselors may select trainings from a wide variety of opportunities, as long as the training and education pertains to alcohol and other drug addiction counseling performance domains. The ADACBGa. follows the guidelines established by the IC&RC. If you are a CCS, 6 of your 40 hours of recertification must pertain to the performance domains of clinical supervision. If you are a CCDP/CCDP-D a minimum of twenty (20) hours must be COD specific. If you are a CCJP 20 hours of the training must relate to the Criminal Justice Addiction Profession and should include training in the development of professional skills described in the performance domains for Criminal Justice Addiction Professionals.”
Renewal Date: Biennial
Mental Health Professionals (LPC, LMFT, LCSW)
Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Are courses from a LPC/LCSW/LMFT Board approved education provider (ACEP) accepted? Yes
AllCEUs courses are approved by the Florida Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists, Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists, Oklahoma Board of Professional Counselors.
Rule 135-9-.01 Requirements
(1) Thirty five (35) clock hours of continuing education are required biennially to renew each license.
(2) A minimum of five (5) of the thirty-five (35) hours shall be specifically designated as continuing education in professional ethics relating to any of the specialties of Professional Counseling, Social Work, or Marriage and Family Therapy. Ethics hours may be obtained from any of the sources listed in paragraphs (5) and (6) (a) – (d) below. Continuing education hours in professional ethics cannot be obtained through independent study, or online.
(3) Of the remaining thirty (30) hours, a minimum of fifteen (15) shall be core hours and not more than fifteen (15) shall be related hours.
(4) A maximum of ten (10) hours of continuing education may be obtained online for each two-year renewal period. [NOTE: Our live interactive webinars may be acceptable. Check with the Board for determination]
(5) Core hours are continuing education hours acquired in activities in the specialty in which the license is held…Such activities shall be sponsored, co-sponsored or approved by:
(a) a professional association in the specialty in which the license is held; or…
(c) a licensing or certification board in another jurisdiction which regulates the specialty in which the license is held. If the board is a composite board, the activity must be specifically approved for continuing education in the specialty in which the license is held.
Renewal Date: Biennial