Addiction Counselor Certification Training
Many options to meet your needs
AllCEUs is an approved education provider for NAADAC, the Association for Addition Professionals; the Florida Certification Board, the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor Certification Board of Georgia (ADACB-GA), and the Connecticut Certification Board. In addition to our courses being acceptable in those states, most other states will accept our training because of those approvals. See our counseling CEU approvals page for detailed information. If you have questions about this training, feel free to reach out to Dr. Snipes' personal chat page
- Over 400 hours of multimedia training designed for the adult learner
- Prepares you for state licensure/certification
- Many states accept distance learning for precertification training
- Work at your own pace 24/7/365
- Multimedia resources, quizzes and certificates are included
- Content is updated regularly
- Instructors are available by email
- Covers the core functions of the addiction counselor identified in TAP 21
- Cost: $149 Buy Addiction Counselor Certification Training Now
- Learn more here
This 18-month series walks you through TAP 21: Addiction Counselor Competencies, and has rolling enrollment which means that you can enroll at anytime and will attend for 18 months. For example, if you sign up in October 2017 you will go until March of 2019. If you sign up in January 2018, you will go until July 2019.
This 18-month track provides:
- 4.5 hours of live, interactive webinars every week, 1.5 hours each Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 1pm EST for 18 months.
- Saturday make-up session at 3pm EST
- Learning materials use SAMHSA TIPS which are free texts
- Chat with your instructors during business hours on their private chat pages
- Review for the Certification Exam
- NOTE: If your state permits you to do self-study, consider the Addiction Counselor Self Study for $149 which allows you to work at your own pace. Many people complete the training in less than a year.
In certain circumstances, people training to be addiction counselors need live training in addition to the self-study material. AllCEUs created a solution. Access to all of the materials in the self-study addiction counselor certification training track, plus the live, interactive webinars every Tuesday and Thursday at 1pm EST for a full year for only $249.
This option allows you to work through the material at your own pace, and only attend as many webinars as you need.
Most of the webinar topics will provide credit hours in the categories of Transdisciplinary Foundations: Treatment Knowledge and Application to Practice. Some of the webinars will address topics such as treatment planning, clinical evaluation, HIV and domestic violence awareness.
Additionally, Dr. Snipes facilitates a Q&A discussion after each webinar.
Recovery Coaches are not state licensed, and do not have the extensive internship that counselors do. Our 200+ hour curriculum walks you through everything you need to know about …
- The profession of coaching
- Recovery Coaching skills
- Business Management
Additionally, you have access to monthly brainstorming group sessions to share ideas with fellow students, and a monthly practicum session in which you work with an instructor to apply what you have been learning. When you finish the series, you will have all the requisite knowledge to start coaching. No additional practicum/internship hours are required. No additional test. Learn about the growing field of Recovery Coaching here
Cost: $399 (includes practicum groups and brainstorming sessions) Buy the Recovery Coaching Certification Training Now
Foundation Texts for Certification
These texts can be ordered or downloaded for FREE, and form the foundation for the addiction counselor certification training. If you are ordering them, plan on it taking 4-6 weeks to receive your texts.
59. Improving Cultural Competence
57. Trauma-Informed Care in Behavioral Health Services
56. Addressing the Specific Behavioral Health Needs of Men
55. Behavioral Health Services for People Who Are Homeless
54. Managing Chronic Pain in Adults With or in Recovery From Substance Use Disorders
53. Addressing Viral Hepatitis in People With Substance Use Disorders
52. Clinical Supervision and Professional Development of the Substance Abuse Counselor
51. Substance Abuse Treatment: Addressing the Specific Needs of Women
50. Addressing Suicidal Thoughts and Behaviors in Substance Abuse Treatment
49s. Incorporating Alcohol Pharmacotherapies Into Medical Practice: A Review of the Literature
49. Incorporating Alcohol Pharmacotherapies Into Medical Practice
48. Managing Depressive Symptoms in Substance Abuse Clients During Early Recovery
47. Substance Abuse: Clinical Issues in Intensive Outpatient Treatment
46. Substance Abuse: Administrative Issues in Outpatient Treatment
45. Detoxification and Substance Abuse Treatment
44. Substance Abuse Treatment for Adults in the Criminal Justice System
43. Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Addiction in Opioid Treatment Programs
42. Substance Abuse Treatment for Persons With Co-Occurring Disorders
41. Substance Abuse Treatment: Group Therapy
40. Clinical Guidelines for the Use of Buprenorphine in the Treatment of Opioid Addiction
39. Substance Abuse Treatment and Family Therapy
38. Integrating Substance Abuse Treatment and Vocational Services
37. Substance Abuse Treatment for Persons with HIV/AIDS
36. Substance Abuse Treatment for Persons with Child Abuse and Neglect Issues
35. Enhancing Motivation for Change in Substance Abuse Treatment
34. Brief Interventions and Brief Therapies for Substance Abuse
33. Treatment for Stimulant Use Disorders
32. Treatment of Adolescents with Substance Use Disorders
30. Continuity of Offender Treatment for Substance Use Disorders from Institution to Community
29. Substance Use Disorder Treatment For People With Physical and Cognitive Disabilities
27. Comprehensive Case Management for Substance Abuse Treatment
26. Substance Abuse Among Older Adults
NIDA and Other Texts
These texts are also freely available and will be used throughout the course.