Over the past 5 years it seems that regulations around continuing education have gone backwards. Even as online master’s and doctoral degrees are being offered through most universities and colleges, licensure boards are actually beginning to restrict the number of self study, online CEUs. Click here to see a table summarizing the changes.
Nearly every state EXCEPT Florida, Massachusetts, Montana, New York, Oregon, Virginia and Wyoming limit the number of independent study, asynchronous, online CEUs. It is becoming increasingly important to check with your state board to verify acceptable continuing education activities.
The wording in the statutes is very vague in most cases. What is and is not allowed? Our belief is that the intent of the statutes was to limit self-study and online learning that did not allow real-time interaction with the instructor. Our webinars
• Have a live instructor (and occur in real time just like a traditional class)
• Provide an interactive with a monitored chat room and regular polls of students
• Require login with a username and password
• Log your IP address to verify your identity
• Have a brief quiz at the end so the participant can demonstrate mastery of the material
AllCEUs is working hard to make sure that you have affordable options. Beginning Friday September 6th, we will be offering a weekly 1 hour, online interactive CEU workshop at 2pm EST/1pm CST.
It is easy. You will:
1. Purchase the course.
2. Login to the course by 5pm EST
3. Click on the link to open the conference window
4. Choose a nickname (we suggest first name, last initial)
5. At 5pm, the course will begin.
6. When the course is over, you will be directed to the brief, 10 question quiz.
7. Once you pass the quiz you can print your certificate.